Thursday, July 14, 2011

Introducing Roman Marcus Bule

This pregnancy went by so very fast for me. However, that last couple weeks went by so slowly. I scheduled my induction date for the 27th and since I knew that was the day I was going to have my little boy, those last weeks dragged. I knew I was getting a call from the hospital the day before my induction date to let me know what time to come in. I was dying that whole day, waiting for the phone to ring! I kept checking my phone, making sure it was working. I was so excited and anxious. Then I got the call that evening and they told me to be ready as early as 7 am but they would call me when they were ready for me. So on Monday the 27th, I was ready to go at 7 but was just waiting for the next phone call. Finally at 9 they called and told me to be there at 10. Whohoo! It's go time! We were so excited!
So we got to the hospital and I got all dressed in that sexy robe and got all hooked up ready to get pitossin and have the doctor break my water. I wanted to wait as long as I could to get the epidural. Around 2 that afternoon, I got it and I felt awesome! I was progressing very slowly and got stuck at a 4 all afternoon and evening. Sometime after 9 pm, the nurse checked me and I was dilated to a 9, finally! Then she left. All of a sudden I felt tons of pressure down there and knew it was time. I had to call the nurses desk to tell them to send my nurse back in; this baby is coming and I need to push! She came in and told me the doctor wasn't at the hospital but on his way back from Timpanogos Hospital. Oh crap, I thought! But then he walked in just then. Phew!
I pushed for 5 minutes and out came little Roman. I thought he looked just like Kenadie did when she was born. He wasn't really crying, but just kind of squaking. We were trying to get him to cry more so we knew he was breathing ok. He finally cried a little more, but as I've learned, he doesn't cry loud, mostly squaks and grunts. They set him on top of me and I was just lost in his little face. I was the happiest person at that moment. He was perfect! It was love at first sight! I looked up at Bule and he was teary eyed, so happy his little boy was here.
He was born at 9:42 pm...6 lbs 13 oz and 18 inches.


Right before we left home for the hosptial


At the hospital



I look bigger in this robe than I do in my clothes!



Just hangin' out



And here he is!


Cutest boy ever!





I was starving and actually felt good enough to eat!














The next day Kenadie was finally able to meet him. She was so excited and happy!








Ready to go home!

What a great experience I had and I feel so very blessed to have a healthy baby and a sweet little girl. Oh and one fabulous husband!

3 comments:

  1. So happy for you :) Can't wait for our little guys to be best buddies! That's the plan right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe...So glad everything went well. You guys have a beautiful family. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy that he's here and healthy! Let me know when you are up for a visitor... I can't wait to meet the cute little guy!

    ReplyDelete