Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My First Official Mother's Day

This day was a long time coming and it was great...

Breakfast in bed
Sleeping in till 11
Bule taking care of Kenadie
Presents from Bule and Kenadie
BBQ with the family
And lots of love from everyone


This is what Kenadie gave me. How cute is that!?!

Kenadie is the reason that I'm so tired each day, my clothes are full of spit up, I have a garbage full of dirty diapers, my house is a mess with her toys, I smile and I'm a mommy. Not one day goes by that I don't thank my Heavenly Father for sending such a precious little spirit for me to play with everyday. You know, when you're young, you plan to grow up, get married, have kids and live happily ever after. Not being able to get pregnant was never in my plans. So when we found out a few years ago that we wouldn't be able to do it on our own, we were devestated. It felt like the world came to and end. But then we met a great doctor who could help us. I am SO grateful for modern day medicine and all the different ways it can help people like us. Being a mom is the hardest and best job in the world. I was so glad to stand up in church on Sunday and receive the Mother's Day gift from the Bishopric knowing that I actually deserved it. I AM A MOM! I am a mom to the most beautiful little girl on earth!

4 comments:

  1. You said it all!! I was thinking of you all day on Sunday. Happy Mother's day cuz you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy mothers day to a beautiful momma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky! I am so happy for you. I am glad you had such a wonderful mothers day and that you have Kenadie in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture on the top of your blog! It looks great!! I'm glad you had a wonderful mother's day!

    ReplyDelete