Monday, August 3, 2009

I Love My Brother!

Saturday night we had a family get together at my grandma's house. We had lots of good food and homemade oreo icecream - a family favorite!


My sister and dad preparing the icecream



Everyone sitting around eating food


The girls racing across the yard (I came in second by the way! But hurt my knee.)



And the reason for the get together....my awesome, little brother, Brad

Brad is leaving for Duke (getting his PhD in Biochemisrty) next Wednesday so we had a "see ya later" party for him.

After dinner, everyone got a chance to tell Brad good luck at school and tell a memory about him. I was the first to get up. I told about when we were little and played together when we were off track (we went to year round school). We would just giggle and giggle and giggle and I don't remember at what. But we always had fun together. Even now when we get see eachother we giggle and giggle and act pretty immature. Bule looks at me sometimes and asks, "How old are you?!" But I LOVE being with Brad. He's got a great sense of humor. He's so incredibly smart, of course! He reminds me how incredibly smart I'm not. He's so in tune with the spirit. He knows that wherever he is, whatever he's doing, he's serving the Lord in some capacity. It's hard for him to make a sandwich and eat it but you'd never know that. He's never complained a day in his life. And I'm not exaggerating. A negative word has never come out of his mouth. He's such a great example to me and I look up to him in many ways (one, because he's taller than me!) He helps me put my life in perspective and to sit back and see how easy I really do have it. I wish him all the luck and success in his new calling at Duke University. I know he will be so happy there doing research. One day he will find the cure to Cerebal Palsy and then he'll be all better. I will miss him so much but am so happy for him.
I love you BJ!



Dad talking about Brad, trying to hold back tears


Mom talking about Brad. She's a proud mom!



Me and Brad being goofy. There are very few pictures where we're serious


Oh look, here's a serious one. He's a handsome boy!

1 comment:

  1. Wow I had no idea he wanted to do research that is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete