Saturday, January 9, 2010

14 Months!!

Kenadie is 14 months going on teenager! She has quite the personality and is oh so dramatic! She is on the verge of starting tantrums. I've caught her a few times on the floor whining. Don't teenagers do that?!

She is the biggest mommie's girl you'll ever meet. She loves her daddy but only wants mommy every second of the day. I can't complain. :)

Here are a few highlights:

Her favortie thing to do right now is help me unload the dishwasher. She hands me every piece of silverware and says ta tu, which translates into thank you. When she hears me open the dishwasher to put dirty dishes in, she rushes over to it and wants to empty it. I tell her we can't empty it right now cuz the dishes are dirty and she gets mad. Or she'll randomly run over to the dishwasher and try to open it. When she can't get it open she grunts, begging me to open it.

She loves to eat cheese and could eat that all day if I let her. She is such a picky eater (i don't know where she got that from!) and doesn't like a lot of stuff. She used to eat everything when food wasn't her main source of nutrition. But now that she really needs to eat it, she doesn't. No wonder she's in the 8th percentile for her weight!
My favorite thing she does is imitate me when i get mad at her when she takes her bib off. She pulls it off when she's done eating, usually after 1 bite, and I get mad and say grrrrrr. She does the exact same noise, and her eyebrows draw together like she's mad too but she has a little smile on her face, knowing she shouldn't have done that, but she's so cute I can't help but smile at her!

She loves to say hi to everyone she sees. When we're at any type of store and someone walks by, she says hi to them and waves. Everyone loves it.

She is folding her arms when we pray at dinner time and says amen. She usually reminds me that we need to say the prayer when I put her in her highchair for breakfast or lunch by folding her arms.

She is a big chicken! She gets scared of a lot of things that are loud, especially the vacuum. When I open the door to where it is, she starts crying and will run away. Then she runs and hides in a corner, farthest away from it as possible, when I actually turn it on.

She talks sooooooo much! Here is a list of all the words she says:
NO - her favorite one, Mama, Dada, Mimi (Bule's mom), Pa (my dad), Oma (my mom), up, down, cheese, more, peas (please), cacka (cracker), hat, sock, shoe, binky, ball, milk, pen, bye, hi, br (bread), ta tu (thank you), all done, nack (snack), buckon (button), baby, tie, ow, stinky, coke (coat), knee. cucka (cucka, as in yuck!), bum, pee. And she knows exactly what each of those words mean! There are probably a few more I'm forgetting, but still, this is A LOT for a 14 month old and I'm quite proud!

Enjoy a few pics!



trying on her new hat


we haven't been out in the snow yet, but i had to try this on and make sure it fit.


showing off her new 'do. love the hair straight up!


she likes to play under the table

3 comments:

  1. That was quite a post! Good job! I can't believe how fast she is growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how big she is! She's a mini-becky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky thanks for your comment on my blog! I love yours. I can't believe how big they are both getting, and I agree we need to get together and let them play. ALso, Heather and I love to go walking and I know you and Liz do too so we should all get together when it starts warming up a little more.

    ReplyDelete