Friday, February 26, 2010

"Old" Moment

The other day, I had an "old" moment. I was at my friends house and we decided to play the Wii. Bule and I don't have one and I've only played it a few times at my sisters and friends houses. And since we don't have one and don't play it often, I am not familiar with it that much. So, when I was playing it the other day, I couldn't get my controller to show up on the screen for the longest time. When I finally did, I couldn't hold it still enough to hit the button, and I couldn't do anything right. I felt like my mom at that moment (no offense, mom. I love you!). I just felt like I'm out of touch with the latest technology. Maybe we should get one and I can practice so I won't feel so "old" when I play it with other people.
Then we were playing Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader. One of the games was to answer questions in 10 seconds. I was sitting on her couch and it was kind of far from the TV. From where I was sitting, I couldn't see the questions that well, so I missed answering half of them in the allotted time because it took me so long to read the question and the possible answers. I had to get closer to the tv and sit on the floor. My eyes have always been perfect but lately I can't see certain things from far away. It's really depressing. I thought I would have at least 10 more years till I had to deal with this.
That day was just a sad reminder to me that I'm not a teenager anymore and it's all downhill from here!!

3 comments:

  1. I feel ya... I'm always squinting my eyes. It's heck gettin' old, and were not even 30-yet. Dont they say this is our prime years??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! We still have Beck and Bule on our WII! So when are you going to come up here and play it with us??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I hate those moments! I had to text one of my piano students the other day to make sure what time she was coming. She replied with, "You text? That is so cool! I think it is awesome when old people text." I replied by telling her that, "I am not that old!" Hopefully you can avoid going to the eye doctor for a few more years. I got glasses in 4th grade and hate wearing contacts all the time.

    ReplyDelete